Thursday, October 05, 2006

Bursting

Can I burst? Burst into tears? Burst with love? Burst out of exhaustion? Burst out with anger? Burst away my frustration?

As the dial spins and the hands rotate I just play catch up. How easy for you to watch in contempt. How simple for you to turn away with dislike.

How many months have etched themselves under my eyes? How many tears are dampening my brow? How many fingers are tugging at my skirts? How many bones have I built through my flesh and blood? How many cheeks are rosy because of my plump hips? How many hands are growing because I swelled to hold them?

So easy for you to look in contempt. So simple for you to turn away in dislike.

How convenient to hold forth on things that could be.

The end is a must. The end is given. The purpose-obtruse. The means -a mystery. The time- a hope.

1 comment:

Zixith said...

"ifs", "buts", "could bes"...not the recipe for happiness, is it? (if that is what you seek)

I see strength in the person you are...