Monday, August 25, 2008

K

Today is Adi's first day in K. He could not sleep last night- and woke up early today. How do I know?- I was the same:)
I surprised myself. It was hard leaving him in the daycare. He kept waving me off but I lingered- fussing over the sign-in, his snack pack, his pick-up locations. I worried. Will he make friends? Will he keep up? Will he excel? Stand out?Blend in? - Typical Indian parent? Or typical mom on first day of K??
And Vedant sensed it too. He was all quiet on the way in to his school. And snuggled against me and made me carry him in. He kept asking where is Adi- indeed where is he?

So life changes- my baby is in school. Big deal - say the seasoned parents. Yeah BIG DEAL- say I!!!!!!

3 comments:

Triv said...

So much unsaid and yet shows the conflict dealing with change. First of school for your child is always traumatic. Can totally relate! Well written!!

Zixith said...

:) :)
it's a big deal! I wud take that moment as an affirmation that you are doing a fantastic job as a mom :)

wait till he comes back with homework :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I completely agree!! It IS a big deal when our babies leave our hand and walk through those small gates. Into a new world, where we don't have much of a role.