Monday, March 02, 2009

Oblivion

The world is burning
Decapitated, truncated
Bloody, muddy, fearful
Shine down Lord
Shimmering rays of peace
Burst out from within
Our goodness, Narsimha
Through pillars of hate
I cradle my children
Shielding, praying
How long? For how long?
They tore me asunder
And fought out their way
For what? This hell?
I will not let go
You owe it, to me
Lull our hearts
Soothe our brows
Help us sleep
Gently, past the sun, the moon, the stars.....
Into deep, peaceful oblivion.

5 comments:

King said...

i wish i understood this form of literary work.
my eyes tend to glaze over
despair ...........

Pendulum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pendulum said...

hahha- mine were also glazed in despair, Actually if you despaired, you caught the spirit of it.
I am honored that you consider this a 'literary form' -- LOL

Triv said...

Wow! Powerful! Evocative! Loved it!

Anjali said...

Fantastic, Shaalu!